PP2AC (1 μg)
- atio Diagnostics are shipped next week to your order.
Frequently bought together:
PP2AC (1 μg)
- Source: Bovine kidney.
- Purity: > 90% by SDS-PAGE, apparent Mr ~ 36-kDa.
- Supplied: 1 μg in 50 μl 50 mM Tris-HCl pH 7.0 buffer containing 14 mM β-mercaptoethanol, 1 mM benzamidine, 0.1 mM phenylmethanesulfonyl fluoride, 1 mM EDTA and 50% glycerol.
- Activity: ~ 2000 units/mg with myelin basic protein (MBP, GLO126-010, MGLO126-025) as substrate. One unit is the amount of PP2AC that releases 1 nmol of inorganic phosphate from 32P-labeled MBP per min. Maintain preparations in aliquots at -70° C. Avoid repeated thawing.
- Synonyms: Protein Phosphatase 2AC; Catalytic Subunit of Protein Phosphatase 2A; PP2AC
- Background: Protein phosphatase 2A (PP2A) is a divalent cation-independent protein serine/threonine phosphatase involved in regulating numerous cellular processes including the cell cycle, growth and differentiation. Physiological targets of PP2A include cell surface receptors and ion channels, protein kinases involved in mitogenic signaling and the cell cycle, key regulatory enzymes and proteins involved in metabolism, as well as numerous transcription factors. The phosphatase has been implicated as a growth suppressor. It is inhibited potently by tumor promoters such as okadaic acid and by I1PP2A (GLO140-001, GLO144-001, GLO144-005) and I2PP2A (GLO141-001, GLO145-001, GLO145-005), two naturally-occurring cancer-associated cellular proteins. Additionally, the SV40 small t antigen replaces the B subunit during viral transformation and subverts the physiological function of a subset of PP2A complexes in a substrate selective manner.
- GloboZymes provides divalent cation-independent preparations of the catalytic subunit of PP2A (PP2AC). These preparations are useful for the study of enzyme kinetics and regulation, to dephosphorylate target substrates and to evaluate the effects of test substances on the activity of the phosphatase. The preparations are also useful for studies on the role of the missing A/PR65 (GLO138-001, GLO138-005) and variable B subunits of native forms of the enzyme (e.g., PP2A1 (GLO130-001, GLO130-005) and PP2A2 (GLO131-001, GLO131-005).
- Product Datasheet at Biozoomer.
Biochem J 287: 1019
Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 90: 2500
Related Products: Anti-PP2AC (100 μl) ♦ Anti-PP2AC (200 μl) ♦ PP2AC Detection Kit ♦ PP2A1 (1 μg) ♦ PP2A1 (5 μg) ♦ PP2A2 (1 μg) ♦ PP2A2 (5 μg) ♦ PP1C ♦ PP2B ♦ PP2C ♦ MBP (10 mg) ♦ MBP (25 mg)
Guarantee endotoxin free PP2ACView AllClose